Wednesday, April 4, 2012

German Cuisine


     After reading a few blogs discussing the appeal of German food, I formed the opinion that this type of cuisine can be considered good, not great. It is often compared to British food, finding similarities in its bland nature. However, you can find some decent dishes in this part of the world. Over the past 50 years, Germans have incorporated Mediterranean, Italian, French, and other exotic foods into their menus. Often times, these recipes were discovered when Germans traveled abroad and brought ideas back home.
     Some traditional dishes include pork roast with gravy, served with boiled potatoes and dumplings. This dish is called schweinebraten. Goulasch, beef and pork cubes stewed with onions and peppers, is another staple dish served with boiled potatoes. I think most people have heard the dish called wiener schnitzel. This meal is comprised of thin veal fillet, crumbed and then fired, generally served with chips and a salad.
     Bread, or brot, is a crucial component of German cuisine. In Germany, there are about 600 types of breads and 1,2000 different types of pastries and rolls that are produced in the many bakeries. While German cuisine is often compared to countries in Eastern and Western Europe, range of German bread is considered to be much more broad.
     A typical German breakfast includes bread, toast, cheese or jam, and eggs. Lunch, the main meal of the day, is generally eaten around noon and tends to be sandwiches. Dinner usually consists of breads, sausages, cheese, and vegetables.
     German cuisine is not much different than in America. There is little outside influence on this country’s food besides surrounding European countries.


     Here is a link to a website that details African restaurants throughout Germany: http://africanetworking.de/africanrestaurants.htm 


Sources:
http://mybestgermanrecipes.com/

1 comment:

  1. I'm here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me, I'm from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan to expand my evergreen group company it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance all hope was lost until one fateful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from a very honest man Mr, Benjamin. She introduced me to this honest loan officer Mr, Benjamin who helped me get a loan within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on my feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: 247officedept@gmail.com they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of loan assistance please come to this honest man and you can be safe as well .WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete